When at the gym the other day listening to my iPod, slightly zoning out and staring out across the Hudson, I began thinking about how each year of our lives can be described through a string of memorable songs. I don’t know if you’re like me, but certain songs evoke specific moments in my life. A song can evoke a flashback to when I first heard it or induce a memory of a time in angst when I had a certain song on repeat.
While Baptism reminds me of racing down the Henry Hudson Parkway in twilight so I could get back to the city and go clubbing at the Darby, Poet evokes a summertime, post-penetration walk in the EV.
Enjoy the 2013 Soundtrack to my ma belle vie:
- The Night Out – Martin Solveig
- I love it – Icona Pop
- Reminder – Mumford and Sons
- Mrs. Cold – Kings of Convenience
- Over the Love – Florence and the Machine
- Young and Beautiful – Lana Del Rey
- Baptism – Crystal Castles
- Better Times – Beach House
- Pompeii – Bastille
- Wake me Up – Avichi
- Poet – Bastille
- The Way We Touch – We R Twin
- Houdini – Foster the People
- Walk on By – Noosa
- You are the Best Thing – Ray LaMontagne
- Dreamers – Savoir Adore
- Eat that Up, It’s Good for You – Two Door Cinema Club
- Work Bitch (Azalea Banks remix) – Britney Spears & Azalea Banks
- Burn – Ellie Golding
- World Alone – Lorde
Thinking about your own playlist? As I always tell myself, embrace the pensive bouts. It’s healthy to be introspective.